:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

We hope you enjoy your experience here.

We hold free conference calls every Monday through Thursday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time).
Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Join us on, and invite your friends to, our conference calls;

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

Books to recommend and books to brag about—

This forum is the Gateway to our Success Network.
Thus, if you desire greater success in any aspect of your life you should check out this forum and “Catch the Dream!”
Though virtually anyone can view this forum, it is a private forum with all rights reserved.

Moderator: Tnias

Smiling Mommy
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Books to recommend and books to brag about—

Postby Smiling Mommy » Wednesday September 21st, 2005 1:12 pm MDT

Greetings and Salutations to all,
I have two questions for everyone. Both are in regards to your personal book collection(s). First, what books do you recommend as must haves in the areas of law and history? Second, what books are on your shelves which are worth bragging about?

Personally, I will defer to the good Senator and others on the first question. As for the second question, I must brag about my latest find. I just acquired for my dear husband an 1851 Binn’s Justice: The Magistrates Daily Companion for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is truly a beautiful book. Just holding it makes one feel like a part of history.

Thanks in advance for the responses and a double thank you for any good recommendations.

Take good care,
Larae
The mind of a smart person is ready to get knowledge. The wise person listens to learn more. Proverbs 18:15

Buck up and smile!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Books to recommend and books to brag about

Postby Admin » Wednesday September 21st, 2005 11:44 pm MDT

:h: Larae,

We responded to a similar request on the Patron’s Private Forum and for the benefit of our readers we will again post a few of our favorite books. Each morning in our home school my wife or I read historical novels to our children. We do it for three reasons, when parents read to children:
  1. it develops cherished memories;
  2. it develops a fondness for reading in children; and,
  3. it conveys an incredible personal experience with history that makes it real (as if you were there with you family).
We have found that when our children hear such stories, their personal relationship is already in place when they read the more classical history books on their own and their interest is peaked. One of our favorite historical novels regarding American History (War of Independence time) is Prelude to Glory, it has 8 volumes which can be acquired from Amazon at the following links:
  1. Prelude to Glory, Vol. 1, Our Sacred Honor
  2. Prelude to Glory, Vol. 2, The Times That Try Men's Souls
  3. Prelude to Glory, Vol. 3, To Decide Our Destiny
  4. Prelude to Glory, Vol. 4, The Hand of Providence
  5. Prelude to Glory, Vol. 5, A Cold Bleak Hill
  6. Prelude to Glory, Vol. 6, The World Turned Upside Down
  7. Prelude to Glory: Vol. 7, The Impending Storm
  8. Prelude to Glory, Vol. 8, A More Perfect Union
Our family also enjoys the historical novel The Kingdom and the Crown when it comes to the history around Christ’s lifetime. This set is fantastic! It has three volumes all of which are also available from Amazon at the following links:
  1. The Kingdom and The Crown, Vol. Fishers of Men
  2. The Kingdom and The Crown, Vol. 2, Come Unto Me
  3. The Kingdom and The Crown, Vol. 3, Behold The Man
To prepare for college level study our children read the Harvard Classics from Easton Press. There is a lot of history, philosophy and sociology in the Harvard Classics. We have purchased a number of other excellent history books from Easton Press, like Churchill’s A History of the English~Speaking Peoples; their The Founding Fathers series, as well as their The 100 Greatest Books Ever Written series. They have others we have purchased and that we are planning to purchase.We are quite thankful for Larae’s inquiry into this matter and hope others join in with valuable input. There is nothing like reading a good book.

Last edited by Admin on Saturday November 26th, 2005 1:49 pm MST, edited 1 time in total.
Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Friday September 23rd, 2005 10:06 pm MDT

:h: Citizen Publius,

Having read this book we can say we enjoyed it. John Adams (by David McCullough) was one of the founding fathers that paid a key roll in forming the nation and it was fun learning about him. The book can be had through the following link: John Adams by: David McCullough

Last edited by Admin on Friday March 16th, 2007 4:23 pm MDT, edited 2 times in total.
Team Law,

"

copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Geibes
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Books and magazines

Postby Geibes » Tuesday October 25th, 2005 8:07 pm MDT

I read Prelude to Glory, Vol. 1 and loved it as well. I have the other volumes on my Christmas list for sure.

Just started reading A Patriot's History of the United States by Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen. Rush Limbaugh interviewed one of the authors in a recent newsletter. I'm only about 20 pages into it, but with lines like
In this groundbreaking volume, America's discovery, founding, and development are reexamined with an appreciation for the elements of public virtue, personal liberty, and private property that make this nation uniquely successful.
in the introduction, it promises to be a good read. Even in the first 20 pages it talks about land grants and property ownership. Looks like Team Law has their history right!!

Also, a friend picked up some 1943 Reader's Digests at an antique store and let me borrow them. An article entitled The American Plan for a Reorganized World in the January 1943 issue is a fascinating, if not scary read. This was written before the infamous Bretton Woods agreement and it's incredible to see how much of it has come true today. The other articles about WWII are also interesting to read. As one who has not experienced a "real" war it's amazing to read how it affected everyone's life in the 40s.

geibes
Geibes
Education is bliss!

Tyler.Durden
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Postby Tyler.Durden » Wednesday October 26th, 2005 11:59 am MDT

Thomas Jefferson wrote:A morsel of genuine history is a thing so rare as to be always valuable.
May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Saturday November 26th, 2005 1:27 pm MST

:h: Citizen Publius:
Regarding your reference alleging Adams delegated the position of "Commander-In-Chief" to Alexander Hamilton; it did not happen that way. As we reported earlier, Adams delegated the position of Commander in Chief to George Washington preparatory to the impending war with France. At the time the country did not have a standing army so it was necessary to organize the Army and Navy as was allowed in the Constitution. Adams having no experience with such matters offered the position to George Washington and George accepted. George Washington’s long time Adjutant and second in command was Alexander Hamilton. After Washington’s appointment and organization of the country’s military forces Washington became so ill that he could not abide the field work necessary to perform his duties so he placed Hamilton directly in control of the country’s military forces as acting Commander in Chief under Washington as the actual Commander in Chief. Adams’ greatest fear was that Washington might die and Hamilton would automatically assume the capacity of Commander in Chief. Adams feared this because Hamilton was known for advising Washington to take military control over the legislature from the beginning of difficulties Washington had in the War of Independence right through that time — Adams feared that if war came Hamilton would exercise the authority of the Commander in Chief capacity to take military authority over the government and thus form a military dictatorship; thus, Adams did all he could to find a political solution to the difficulties with France and thus avert the war. Adams did in fact find such a solution and as soon as the threat of war was past Washington returned the Commander in Chief capacity to Adams by dismissing the military and resigning his post to Adams. Thus the threat ended.

All of that history is quite well presented in David McCullough’s book John Adams.
We also highly recommend the book, which can be acquired through this link: John Adams by: David McCullough
Other good reads (including these can be found on our website through the following link: Recommended Reading

Team Law,

"

Dubhghlas

Postby Dubhghlas » Wednesday January 25th, 2006 11:07 pm MST

Currently, I am reading Our Enemy, the State by Albert J. Nock published first in 1935.

This book tells of the difference between government and State as well as how social power is and has been transferred to the State.

A good point the book makes is that a State has only been made the government over people who can be exploited economically.

Geibes
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Postby Geibes » Friday March 16th, 2007 1:01 pm MDT

I just finished World Without Cancer by G. Edward Griffin. I had purchased this book years before I got interested in the topics discussed on Team Law's website but I had never read it. I dug it out of it's storage box the other day when a friend of my wife's was diagnosed with cancer. After reading it, I think it was God's plan that I only read it after discovering Team Law. The first part of the book discusses the vitamin based cure/preventative for cancer but the second part discusses the "government" cover up why this vitamin is not more well known. Had I read the book years ago, I would have probably dismissed the second half and maybe the whole book as a conspiracy theory or some guy's personal vendetta. But now I realize the truth behind the evidence presented. Regardless, it's still an eye opener worthy of reading for people that (1) have cancer or (2) don't want to get cancer.

For those who don't know, G. Edward Griffin is also the man who wrote the book The Creature From Jekyll Island which is talked about in Cracking the Code? and Mortgage Discharge.

I just started reading Prelude to Glory, vol 1 out loud to my wife and children. They love it and are experiencing the 3 points that Admin mentioned above.

Men In Black, How the Supreme Court is Destroying America by Mark R. Levin is another great book I recently read. They missed the Corp U.S. detail, but still hit the mark about how the (Corp U.S.) Supreme Court has been making decisions not in line with the founding father's intent. Lots of good case citings too!

Lastly, I still haven't finished the Patriot's History I mentioned earlier. I had lost the book for a while but found it again not long ago. I'm into the Reagan era now. It has been a great read but they missed the whole Corp U.S. story. The Bretton Woods agreement was mentioned and of course so is The Federal Reserve and lots of other details about the bankruptcy of the United States, but they missed the bigger picture. Still worthy though.
Geibes
Education is bliss!

Return to “Network Gateway”