:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

We generally hold Free Conference Calls every: Monday, Wednesday & Friday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time)
Join us on our next Conference Call and invite your friends.

Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Remember: Our Trustee's Holiday Season Break begins at close of business on: December 15, 2017!
Which means he will not be available from then until: January 15, 2018; during which time there will be no conference calls and no support calls to our Trustee. However, the Fulfillment Office will only be closed from: December 22, 2017, until: January 8, 2018.

So, make sure that you take care of any of your end of year needs now, before our offices close.

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

After reading this announcement, you may remove it by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the announcement's green background.

Railroad Land Grants

The mystery of Land Patents unveiled.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

Taelynn
Registered

Railroad Land Grants

Postby Taelynn » Wednesday September 20th, 2017 5:09 pm MDT

I am a bit confused about what I received from the BLM. After requesting a certified copy of the patent for my land, I received a document for a grant of lands in the State of Iowa for the building of railroads, with a particular railroad specified in the grant, under an Act of Congress dated May 15, 1856. I don't believe this is a patent, as it appears the only signature is by a commissioner from the department of the interior.

Now I know that it can be difficult without seeing the actual documents, but in the title abstract I have, there is an entry that states:
Patent (certified copy)
Filed June 2, 1975

There is also a photocopy in that abstract of the documents I received from the BLM. Does anyone have any idea on these railroad grants? Is there perhaps no actual patent? Or is it possible that the lands were granted to the State of Iowa, and a patent could have issued from them?

For the record, I have read through the act, and done a little bit of research into this. I can't seem to find a clear answer on much.

If there is anything that requires clarification, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Railroad Land Grants

Postby Admin » Monday September 25th, 2017 9:26 am MDT

:h: Taelynn:
By definition, a “land patent” is: “A ‘Land Grant’ made Patent. You indicated that the instrument you received from the BLM was a: “grant of lands in the State of Iowa”; respectively, you mentioned that instrument referred to a specific: “Act of Congress”, under which that grant was made. Therefore, it is said: “Act of Congress”, under which the specified Land Grant was made patent. Thus, the signature securing the patent nature of the land in question is on said Act; and, under said Act the Commissioner of the Dept. of the Interior was authorized to approve the specific land that would be so granted; which is why the BLM sent you that certified document to satisfy your request.

Even with all of that, often the specific land in question may not have been specifically noted; wherefore, it is necessary to find where the specific land in question was listed under that authority—accordingly, the instrument that does that will be equivalent to a land patent.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Taelynn
Registered

Postby Taelynn » Monday September 25th, 2017 10:22 am MDT

Thank you so much for your reply. I greatly appreciate it.

There are a total of 5 pages I received. Two of those pages are a list of lands in section, township and range, along with the number of acres in each, comprising approximately 193,000 acres in total. I found my section, township, and range in that list. Is that what you are referring to?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wednesday September 27th, 2017 10:08 am MDT

:h: Taelynn:
Though we do not have your documents in front of us and therefore cannot see the same, from your description, the answer to your question is: “Yes.”

Of course, physically verifying such matters is exactly what the $200.00 service charge is for in our Land Patent Sandwich service; the documentation cost is negligible compared to the knowledge, effort and time necessary to verify the necessary documents in that process. That is exactly why said service charge to non-beneficiaries is nonrefundable.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Return to “Land Patents”