:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

We hold Free Conference Calls every: Monday, Wednesday & Friday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time); excluding emergencies and national holidays.

Join us on, and invite your friends to, our next Conference Call!

Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

After reading this announcement, you may remove it by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the announcement's green background.

BLM Serial Patents

The mystery of Land Patents unveiled.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

Munkus
Registered

BLM Serial Patents

Postby Munkus » Friday January 11th, 2013 5:11 am MST

Having ordered these copies from the BLM before, I was familiar with the process, until I met an unusual problem.

When tracking down the original patent for this piece of land, there didn't appear to be any designated "Sections" within this specific Range. It pulled up a "Serial Patent", so I ordered it.

What I recieved was not your standard "United States of America" typed Land Patent. It was a 42 page long, handwritten document, designating "chains" and measurements.

Although on the first and last pages, it contained the same kind of language as a normal Land Patent, I'm afraid this was something else. Is this document worth keeping to move forward with, or is the actual patent for my specific section somewhere out there (the document they sent me covers over 11,000 acres!)

How could the "land patent sandwich" be handled with this serial patent, 42 pages long as the document evidencing initial land grant?

What went wrong?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BLM Serial Patents

Postby Admin » Saturday January 12th, 2013 4:59 pm MST

:h: Munkus:
You did not describe anything that would be out of the ordinary if in fact the land patent you received does cover the land in question. Quite frankly, 11,000 acres is not near as large as other land grants we have seen. For example: one land patent covers more than all of Pennsylvania. Two patents cover all of New Jersey and many patents cover over 100,000 acres. So, the question is whether your land is described within the land patent in question.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:
Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Return to “Land Patents”