:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

We hope you enjoy your experience here.

We hold free conference calls every Monday through Thursday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time).
Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Join us on, and invite your friends to, our conference calls;

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

Land patent?? what's that?

The mystery of Land Patents unveiled.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

Weasel
Registered

Land patent?? what's that?

Postby Weasel » Friday February 8th, 2013 7:48 pm MST

:h: Inserted by Admin:
Because this topical thread progressed through several responses before Admin had a chance to reply, to make our reply helpfully effective for our Open Forum’s readers, Admin will insert appropriate responses (in red italicized text—like this comment) directly into the topical thread’s posts, down to our first response made directly as a post from Admin below; respectively, we hope these comments are helpful to you all. And now, here is Weasel's post with Admin's inserts in red:

I started this week with one objective—Prepare myself for a visit from the dept of agriculture regarding the census form they sent me to fill out that was due Feb 4th. Well I don't farm, never have, and I don’t like prying questions. So I wanted to get my ducks in a row so I could politely tell the enumerator that I would not be participating in their census. They state that it is the "law" and has to be filled out. I thought I would go on line and see if that were true, and see what others might have done under the same circumstances.
You might want to use this forum’s search function and search on “Census” for more information regarding others inquiries about that topic.
As I understand it the law they imply is a federal code and refers to the population census which I did. As far as I'm concerned there will be no cooperation on my part. But you might ask why am I posting this? It is because before this week I had never heard of " Corp U.S" or a land patent. :? I have read land 101 and listened to the audio ect.. I'm in my fifties and this is all new to me and has been very unsettling. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and it takes awhile for things to sink in at times. If what you say on your site is true and you're not just another charlatan looking for a buck then I am the product of a dumbed- down corp educational system. Could it be that I have grown accustom (been trained) to having the corners of my sovereign liberty clipped?
Regarding that term: “Sovereignty”, you might want to learn what we have already published to help people learn both what it is and why it is so important. Respectively, we suggest that you might want to start with Myth 6 from our Patriot Mythology page (to dispel a myth promoted by the so called “Patriot Movement” and then from that article (Myth 6) click on the word Sovereignty, anywhere you see it highlighted in blue.
I now owe it to myself and to my family to find out. I have no mortgage, my home is on 120 acres that I own, or at least I think I do.
It is good that you have learned enough to question that matter (your landownership), even before you came to Team Law; however, before you take any action regarding that matter, be wise enough to make sure you learn the truth about what steps you need to take to resolve the ownership so that, in the end, if you were not already the landowner, you are when you complete your work to secure your landownership. Again, to help you understand who else might be the owner you may want to review the following articles: Contracts, Trusts and the Corporation Sole and Myth 22 (making sure that you at least complete your study through the seven elements of Prerequisite Knowledge found within Myth 22).
I pulled out my abstract and looked at the first entry. Then I went to the BLM web site to see if I could find my name listed on the land and it wasn't there. Then the light came on and I saw that all the dates were mid 1800's and then I looked for the name listed on the abstract and bingo! it was there. The guy was granted the land patent for his military service with the Virginia militia, war of 1812. So without belaboring the story any further. This is the question that comes to mind:
  1. You use terms that I'm trying to put a value on such as "secure your acceptance of the Land Patent". It would seem as though your updating the land patent to the current holder? Can you elaborate?
  2. Does anyone post their land patent successes and how it has helped them?
Information overload.
Weasel
We expect that the “information overload” is actually caused by both the fact that you discovered the rat hole by happenstance and that your research into the truth did not start with a solid foundation. Respectively, if you will follow the suggested reading path we provided above, that will start to build such a solid foundation—of course, that should remove the feeling of overload; even though the volume of information that may seem new to you now should become quite easy to learn and apply because, though you will discover the history you once thought you knew was off a bit, what you learn along the journey will have a solid foundation that you can easily learn firsthand from your own study of the law itself. Thus, you will no longer have to rely on anyone else for knowing whether something is true or correct. You will know it because you will have the proof that you yourself compiled in a relatively short time from your own experience.

Now, we will leave our response to your first question to the topical thread that follows; however, to answer you second question we would first have to understand what you mean by: “land patent success.” Quite frankly, we do not understand that term because land patent’s are not something upon which success can exist in and of itself; therefore, to answer such a question we would first have to know what success you were referring to as it related to the land patent. We expect that what follows in this topical thread will shed more light on what a land patent is (though we have repeatedly covered that topic elsewhere); for now we will simply repeat the fact that a land patent is the actual “Title” to the land in question; and, so note, that the land patent’s (Title’s) existence is its own success—because, it existence (as a sure matter of record) makes it the “Law of the Land”.
:t^:

KingWm
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Re: Land patent?? what's that?

Postby KingWm » Sunday February 10th, 2013 7:23 pm MST

When I wrote this I am was not yet a TL beneficiary, and admin may correct me, but I will do my best to give you a little info. I am a land surveyor and know a thing or two about patents, though maybe just enough to be dangerous.

When you The phrase: “perfect your title”, means: “you prove the chain of conveyances from the original patent through time all the way to your deed. A patent is the unchangeable deed from the sovereign (nation or State) to an individual or Grantee named on the instrument. There is only one patent for each parcel of land. The patent rights have been are assigned to the heirs and assigns of the patentee in the land patent itself. You are an assignee of the patentee if you can prove your assignment to the land in the “Chain of Title” (land patent). In order to prove this, you must trace the Chain of Title from the original land patent(Title) to yourself. If you start with your deed, see who the grantee is, (and usually there is a reference to the prior deed),. then pull that deed, see who the grantee is, and see if there is a reference to the prior deed, and so on. If there is no reference to the prior deed, then you may have to check the grantee index and look for the name. With a little persistence, you can trace the chain of title from the beginning of time (the patent) to yourself, and this is how you prove that you have title to the property.

An abstract is an instrument that contains within it a chronological list showing a complete history on a given piece of property which would include the names of the parties involved and uniquely specified elements extracted (abstracted) from every recorded document that is associated with the property. The ones I have seen are some times a 2 inch stack of papers that are bound and certified by an abstracting company. Title companies used to do this for every sale of property, but now they basically just sell title insurance instead. You can probably still hire an abstract plant to do this for you (you can in my area). If I owned my property free and clear of liens, I would do it myself, AND hire an abstract company to duplicate it (maybe I should do it anyway). I would look for each deed in the chain, and if there was a lien retained in that deed, I would look for the release as well. Once you have found all of the deeds in the chain, as well as the releases for any liens, then you would have proven that you have whatever exclusive rights to the property that were granted to you from the land patent through the terms of the Chain of Title. Some times there are gaps in the chain because of unrecorded (or mis-recorded) documents or some such. I am not sure what to do about that. As a surveyor, I don't need a complete chain. As for what to do with that information, you would have to get with Team Law. You should have access to the proper forums, and I suppose there is a Land 201 post somewhere, and I have read about a land patent sandwich (I think that is what they call it) or some such.

I am not the ultimate source for information on the matter, but I thought I would respond with that little bit of info since admin has not yet responded.

And, see this: Steps to secure a Land Patent.

Weasel
Registered

Postby Weasel » Monday February 11th, 2013 7:57 pm MST

King,
Thanks for your response and sharing what you know. As I continue to delve into this I understand what you are saying about the chain of title going back to the original land patent. However I'm trying to understand what is the purpose of the recording of these documents to the county and or having it posted in a paper like a marriage license. There must be some additional legal documents that would accompany all the others to make for a complete and error free package.
:h: Inserted by Admin:
We expect the documents you are referring to are Team Law’s Land Patent Sandwich; which is a set of private document’s a landowner might keep in their own private records. KingWm last referred you to the article we published on our website regarding the Land Patent Sandwich process. Therein, you will find both the reason we provide our Land Patent Sandwich service and well as reference to the quitclaim deed that is elemental to such sets of documents. Again, the reason Team Law provides that service is to help us help the people as they learn how to reseat our original jurisdiction Constitutional Republic government lawfully, which process requires landowners. Thus, by providing this service, we discover where the landowners are and can help them if they desire to take part in that process.

Of course, if you discovered who the equitable owner is, of the actual real estate you thought you owned, by reading the Contracts, Trusts and the Corporation Sole article as well as Myth 22 (making sure you understood the seven elements of Prerequisite Knowledge provided in Myth 22) then you might understand why you would most certainly want to record at least the quitclaim deed found in the Land Patent Sandwich. We apologize if it seems a bit cumbersome for us to direct you to those sources, so you can discover those elements for yourself; but, it is important for you to go through that process in order to establish the solid foundation necessary to being certain that you know you are right once you have discovered it for yourself as you go through that process.

I also read that you need a certified abstract.
Though having either a complete Title or a certified abstract is necessary for you to know whether your Title to the land is actual, lawful and correct, we do not require a complete Title to process our Land Patent Sandwich documents. (See: Steps to secure a Land Patent.)
This sounds like it could cost some change depending on the extent of the trail. I have my abstract but its not certified and I suspect the county will not do this and that I would have to go to a land/title abstract company.
Again, the best form of proof of the Chain of Title is the actual documents that make up the Chain; the next best is a complete set of certified documents; the next best is a Certified Abstract. Any of those sets of documents will stand in law to prove the complete Title to the Land secured by land patent.
What is it that bringing a land patent forward does?
There is no such possible process (that is: to bring the land patent forward). The entire point of a land patent is that it cannot be changed. Thus, because the land patent is the Title to the Land, its terms define those that have rights therein defined. Respectively, the perfected chain of Title proves your rights as (and if) they are so defined on the land patent.
Peace of mind? No fear of any legal challenges that would result in a loss of property?
Though, there is no way we can know what is going on in your mind that would inspire your last two questions, we can be certain that nothing in what Team Law has presented could possibly give anyone such concerns. After all, we have only presented the necessity for learning the actual standing of your rights to the land in question by verifying and securing that Title to you with the actual Title records required to prove the Title in Land Law. Nonetheless, after anyone learns the truth regarding Title, Land Law and their relation to the facts regarding your ownership in question; one at least so discovers that:
  1. The land patent is the only possible Title to the land;
  2. As a matter of law the social security numbered cardholder [identified by the social security number printed on the card] is not you;
      Rather, it is a Corp. U.S. created agency trust (distinguished from people by the social security name and number) designated to hold the social security card (and any other property it can acquire for Corp. U.S. to be so held);
  3. Nonetheless, when all of the documents of record are reviewed, they will most likely prove said cardholder is the owner of record the real estate in question; and,
  4. The documents within Land Patent Sandwich make certain that the natural man is or becomes the land patent secured landowner.
Wherefore, we can understand why people that learn the truth would be afraid not to do what is necessary to secure the Title to their land to prevent it from otherwise being lost.

For all I know if the chain is clean I'm already there. I don’t know what I will do once the patent has been brought forward?
We believe that was already answered above. :t^:
Perhaps I will test the strength of the land patent and not purchase a license to harvest a deer that I already own because it's on my land?

Thanks, Weasel

KingWm
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Postby KingWm » Monday February 11th, 2013 9:08 pm MST

It is only recorded in the county clerks office, and it is so there is a permanent record of such documents. Without the recording of the documents in the county clerk's office, you would not have access to them now.

As for additional "legal documents", I know of no such docs, unless you are referring to the Team Law land patent sandwich, of which I know very little...yet. I am focusing on tax issues at the moment.

There are two kinds of abstracts. One is an simply an identification system for original land patents. That is, each patent is assigned a unique number, which is called the abstract number. This is because each chain of title (or abstract, see second term below) begins with the original patent. Therefore, each abstract (second term) begins with the patent and continues forward to the present.

This chain of documents is also called an abstract. An abstract (second term) of a given piece of property is a bound copy of each document in the chain of title as well as every other document in the clerk's office which pertains to that property. You could conceivably do this yourself. When the abstracting companies do this, they would punch holes in the top and bind them with thread and then seal them with wax or some such in such a fashion that you could not break apart the binding without breaking the seal. This ensures that the abstract remains intact without being altered.

You can get a certified copy of the original copy of the patent (with a given abstract number) at the GLO for $5. Not much. However, if you want a complete abstract of the property, that may cost quite a bit, though I don't know how much. A title company may be able to do this, but an abstract company is what you would technically be looking for. I don't know if all title companies are also abstract companies. They used to all be abstract companies, but a law was changed in Texas such that title companies didn't have to do complete abstracting any more. Most are called title companies now. I have seen very few with the word "abstract" still incorporated into their name. The title company I like to deal with is the old abstract company in this county. I don't like to deal with the pure title companies. Surveyor can do abstracting, but as a practical matter, we are not accustomed to tracing a complete chain of title or doing a complete abstract. The process is similar, but in practice, surveyors don't do complete abstracting simply because we don't need to to re-establish property boundaries.

I don't know that you need a certified abstract from a title company. That is not a question for me to answer.

Bringing the patent forward is not for peace of mind, though it will surely provide it. The reason is to prove that you own the property. Currently, most people have a deed only. Well, how do you know the person who granted you the property owned it himself, and had the right to convey it to you? Well, you look at the deed before his, and the deed before his, etc. In short, bringing the patent forward is how you prove that each in the succession in ownership actually owned the property and had the ability to convey it to you. Back in the old days, there was fraud where people would convey property they didn't own, or didn't own completely. Abstracting companies (which have evolved into title companies) were originally created to fix this problem. When you wanted to buy property, you would hire an abstract company to prove the chain of title so that you would have some level of assurance that you could actually acquire title. Today, they just insure it, and pay you for your losses if a claim arises. It is not the same.

As far as what to do once the patent is brought forward, that would be the Team Law Patent Sandwich I suppose.

Yes, I have just received my beneficiary status. It was pending at the time of my original post. I sent enough money to Way of Kings to get my foundational instruments. That qualified me to be nominated to TL. I am currently working up to asset protection. I have read enough in the forums (I have now read the entire private Way of Kings forum) to see the value, and is is only a matter now of scraping together the funds. I think, based on what I have seen so far, I will recoup those funds and then some once I have learned and applied the laws correctly.

I don't know TL well, and am relatively new here. So far, I am responding to the land patent posts where I believe I can add input as a practicing land surveyor in Texas. Texas is a unique state (and apparently cursed because of that), so I suspect there are a few differences between the process in Texas versus some other states. I will try to ensure my posts do not exceed my expertise, and will try to refrain from speculating beyond my knowledge.

See also: Subject: Texas Land Patent

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Friday February 15th, 2013 8:57 pm MST

:h: Weasel and KingWm:
We hope our above inserted red text comments and responses are helpful to you both. And, we welcome KingWm to the Team given that he was nominated as a Team Law beneficiary after he made his responses so made above.

The following is our response to KingWm’s last post above:
The County Clerk and Recorder’s Office publicly records real estate records for several reasons; most of which are for their own interests today and most of which are related to: property taxes, zoning and other related regulations (like building codes) and voter registration related matters. However, originally the publicly stored land records were, in most states, recorded in what is called: “The Great Book”. The Great Book was maintained by the State as a permanent record of landownership; at least to secure the Elector status of each and every landowner (see: Governor’s Corner). Respectively, The Great Book was an integral part of setting the Electoral College for the elections of the President of the United States of America. For those that do not yet understand this necessity, please review our Team Law on Sovereignty page. From that you will hopefully understand that sovereignty is defined by its three elemental components: Dominion, Agency and Possession. Respectively, in the United States of America the following are the definitive controls over our nation on the topic of sovereignty:
  1. Sovereignty is the political power by and through which governments interact with other governments and govern intrinsic States;
  2. Sovereignty is defined by its three elemental components: Dominion, Agency and Possession;
    • “Domain” and “Land” are synonymous terms;
  3. The Constitutional Republic known as the United States of America was formed by the Constitution for the United States of America;
    • Said Constitution forbids the government from owning land except for specific listed purposes;
    • Respectively, the balance of all of the land is reserved to the people;
  4. Wherefore; it is well recognized in law that because the government cannot own land it cannot, in and of itself, be sovereign; rather,
  5. It is the collective domain of the landowning people that makes up the sovereign domain of the United States of America; and,
  6. Respectively, every four years, the nation’s electors (landowners) hold Electoral Caucus meetings to select the Delegated Electors that will carry their sovereign votes to the Electoral College; where the President of the United States of America is to be elected and receive their collective authority as the Chief Executive for the Nation.
  7. Thus, the limited collective sovereignty, so granted by the people (landowners), of the United States of America, to the President of the United States of America is merely the limited collective authority necessary to govern the government as defined in the Constitution of the United States of America.
Your second paragraph responding to Weasel noted that you are primarily focusing on tax issues and Weasel’s commentary was made mostly regarding land patents and land right; so, it seems like we should once again remind everyone that land patents have absolutely nothing to do with property taxes. And, though, if you do not enter into an agreement to pay property taxes after the land patent was first issued, no force of law can lawfully compel you to enter into such an agreement involuntarily; your voluntary entry into such an agreement is not limited by the land patent. Respectively, whereas, property taxes are set via statutory processes, no one can allege that they were forced into such a situation by lack of disclosure or some other such limitation against so contracting.

For clarification: and “Abstract” is not generally a chain of documents; rather, it is a list of information abstracted from the documents that make up a Chain of Title.

The set of documents you described as an “abstract (second term)” in most cases has been called the “Complete Title” or “Perfect Title” and it would contain either all of the original documents or certified copies of all of the instruments of conveyance from the Land Patent to present. However, sometimes an abstracting (or Title) company would put their Abstract (the list of the information abstracted from the actual documents as one of the documents so sealed in the stack of documents and they would then call that a “Complete Abstract”.

Texas is quite a bit different from other States because Texas retained its control over the land within the State when they entered the Union. Respectively, Texas’ system and names of things can be a bit different. Still, the general practices remain the same throughout the country even in Texas and the information you provided is generally correct as presented with the limited points to notice, which we provided here.

Again, it is impossible to “bring the land patent forward”. That phraseology is an incorrect marketing term used in the so called patriot and tax protest movements. The term is most often used by predatory marketers preying on the ignorant masses that are unwilling to take the time to learn the law from its source and instead trust in third party sources for their warm and fuzzy marketing hype. We apologize for putting that so bluntly; we are simply tired of seeing so many people hurt by such predatory marketers alleging that they can follow their process to “bring forward a land patent and get free from mortgages and/or taxes.” It is simply marketing hype!

Can people get free from property taxes? Yes. But, it is not done with a bunch of hype based on the allegation that the people have “brought forward a land patent”. That is simply impossible!
The bottom line: land patents do not interfere with your right to contract—thus, they do not interfere with a post established obligation to pay property taxes or mortgages. Each of those things can be defeated, but they are so defeated in accord with their own terms and the laws that control the same. That means that to prevail in such matters you must first learn the law from the source and then use it to accomplish your desire.

What you described as the process for bringing forward a land patent is not something that anyone has to do because the documents all speak for themselves. In fact, what you described was the process for perfecting the Title, that is collecting all of the conveyance document related to the land (and property appurtenant to it) and noting what they each do to so convey the Title (land patent) with its rights to you. Respectively, though such a collection of documents is necessary to perfect the Title, so collecting the same does not change anything—that is to say, it does not bring the land patent forward.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

KingWm
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Postby KingWm » Sunday February 17th, 2013 4:07 pm MST

I only used the phrase "bring the land patent forward" because it was used by Weasel. I understand there is no way to do that. After reading your markup on my first post, once again, I can understand the need to use proper terminology while communicating. I will learn from the changes and try to apply them in the future. I really appreciate your attitude on such matters, because it is exactly the lack of that kind of attitude and exactness that causes of the confusion in the patriot mythology community.

Admin wrote:The County Clerk and Recorder’s Office publicly records real estate records for several reasons; most of which are for their own interests today and most of which are related to: property taxes, zoning and other related regulations (like building codes) and voter registration related matters.
One thing I often wonder about (and maybe you know something about this) is why it seems all the county clerks converted their recording system from "Deed Records" to "Official Public Records" in around 1992. I know that at around this same time, Agenda 21 (which relates to the "property taxes, zoning and other related regulations") was in the process of being implemented. I don't know if other states' county clerk records experienced the same change in 1992, but I wondered if the change to Official Public Records was related to Agenda 21. Do you know anything about this? There is no need for a detailed response if it is not related, I am just curious if you had any information on the matter.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Monday February 25th, 2013 1:13 pm MST

:h: KingWm:
Though we acknowledge the convention people sometimes use, whereby the repeat inaccurate, inapplicable and impossible to apply terms to describe a thing they imagine was presupposed by the other party, as if others will understand merely because the other party used such a term of convention; however, we disagree with that convention. Instead we must stand against the usage of inaccurate, inapplicable and impossible to apply terms, regardless of conventional usage.

The word “patent” (as used with land grants) means, the instrument granting the land is forever sealed perpetually binding the instrument against change! Thus, to allege that one could possibly “bring” such an instrument “forward” implies an impossible change and almost certainly guarantees misunderstanding.

Respectively, you are absolutely correct—in that care must be exercised to use proper terminology or the thing that is communicated will not likely be that which was intended; you are also correct that that is one of the many things that cause the so called patriot community to be so effective as Corp. U.S.’ agent provocateurs by spreading the mythology that can incite the people to take unreasonable ignorance based actions.

Wherefore, we are pleased that you will apply the requisite care as you continue to learn and apply the law. Again, this is Team Law’s purpose and intention; to help people learn how to learn and apply the law from their own firsthand experience studying and applying the law with its history and language.

A State’s Record of deeds, such as most states kept in the “Great Book”, were by their very nature “Official Public Records” of the State. Wherefore, we find no flaw in that nomenclature for any State’s records of deeds. However, we do take contest with the process over the last several years wherein the states are getting rid of the actual physical copy of records in favor of electronic copies. Respectively, it should make the people more resolute in keeping complete records in the form of original documents \ and certified copies of the same for all Title records.

Respectively, given the clear evidence that the County Clerk and Recorder’s Offices are used by the corporate state primarily as a means of keeping track of property tax obligations and related controls over people (as they use the respective property appurtenant to the land) and the fact that so many people see the State’s repository of such records as if it were the source of their authority in their real estate transactions it is no surprise that the State can pull off ties to controls and plans for the same (like Agenda 21).

However, though issues like Agenda 21 have nothing to do with Team Law or our purpose; if a Team Law beneficiary had the desire to learn how to understand and of control/defeat such a thing, Team Law could certainly help them learn how to learn the law related to that (or any other issue) and, thus, help them learn to respectively apply the law to resolve such matters. Of course, that would require Team Law beneficiary support.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Return to “Land Patents”