:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

The Trustee is in the hospital. Your prayers are appreciated. We will not be having conference calls until he is back.
We hope you enjoy your experience here.

We hold free conference calls every Monday through Thursday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time).
Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Join us on, and invite your friends to, our conference calls;

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

Land Patents in Maine

The mystery of Land Patents unveiled.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

LEBJ
Registered

Land Patents in Maine

Postby LEBJ » Monday November 17th, 2008 10:37 am MST

Has Team Law ever assisted anyone in Maine to secure their land patent? My land is located within, what was originally known as the Plymouth Patent, which eventually became known as the Kennebec Patent. Finding a copy of the Kennebec Patent, so far has been impossible. If the boundaries of the Kennebec Patent are well documented, and my land is clearly located within, do I still need to obtain a copy of the original patent in order to record my land patent? If I do need it, do you know of anyone who has a copy of it? Thank You

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Land Patents in Maine

Postby Admin » Tuesday November 18th, 2008 9:57 pm MST

:h: LEBJ:
Yes; however, it is not actually relevant where we have or have not helped others with their landownership records. We understand that it may seem like an important question; but, considering what we do, it really does not matter where the land is located, we can still help people learn how to get it right. The bottom line, the nature of the services we provide has no bearing on where the people are located or what it is they need to learn.

When dealing with well-recognized historical documents, it not likely that anyone will ever question such a boundary. However, getting an official copy of the verbiage of the original land patent is still necessary and that is best done from certified original copies.

The original Plymouth Patent was granted by the King of Great Britain to William Bradford and others; it is certainly a famous document; because, if it was not the first land grant made Patent by the King of Great Britain to private people, it is the one that secured the Land to the People of the Mayflower. Therefore, its language is easily acquired from reliable sources—like The Avalon Project. We would first search the The Avalon Project for “Plymouth Patent”, which will certainly provide you with that record and their source material. We would then go to those sources to find any copies of the original (if they can be found). Finally, we would contact Great Britain to see if they have a copy of it in their archives. They likely do have it. You may have even a more difficult time compiling the complete title considering that you have to go back to the beginning. Thus, it is a good thing that they do recognize Grand Jubilee in such matters (unless there is a contest of that, which is not likely). Again, with such documents, we can word from authoritative sources for that original record’s verbiage.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:
Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Return to “Land Patents”