:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Please remember our offices are always closed for the week of Thanksgiving;
therefore, our next Conference Call will be on Monday, November 27, 2017.

Have a happy and blessed holiday.

We generally hold Free Conference Calls every: Monday, Wednesday & Friday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time)
Join us on our next Conference Call and invite your friends.

Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

Please be aware that: The Way of Kings™ Forum is back online; however, they were not able to salvage their old database for that forum. Wherefore, all of the registrations and content that was on that forum is gone; which means that you will need to re-register on that forum to communicate with them and to receive their forum based services.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

After reading this announcement, you may remove it by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the announcement's green background.

Copyrighted Quit Claim and Patent Acceptance—

The mystery of Land Patents unveiled.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

JPalmisano
Registered

Copyrighted Quit Claim and Patent Acceptance—

Postby JPalmisano » Thursday June 11th, 2009 10:38 am MDT

In the instructions on the Land Patent Sandwich, you refer to documents being copyrighted. With whom, where and how are the documents being copyrighted?

Electra225

Re: Copyrighted Quit Claim and Patent Acceptance

Postby Electra225 » Friday June 12th, 2009 6:43 am MDT

Hi JPalmisano,
I read your question and thought it was interesting so I decided to look the answers up for myself and I’d like to share what I found.

Originating in the Copyright Act of 1790, a copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works.

When we as United States citizens create or invent an original work, our work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

We may choose to voluntarily register our works with the U.S. Copyright office located in the library of Congress because we wish to have the facts of our copyright on the public record and have a certificate of registration. We will have to register, however, if we wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. Registered works may be eligible for statutory damages and attorney's fees in successful litigation. Finally, if registration occurs within 5 years of publication, it is considered prima facie (at first sight or apparently correct) evidence in a court of law.

Hope it helps.

Return to “Land Patents”