:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

We hope you enjoy your experience here.

We hold free conference calls every Monday through Thursday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time).
Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Join us on, and invite your friends to, our conference calls;

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

Plat Map Not found at county clerk

The mystery of Land Patents unveiled.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

Jkelly7
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Plat Map Not found at county clerk

Postby Jkelly7 » Saturday March 13th, 2010 1:20 pm MST

I went to the county clerk's office to ask for a plat map. First they told me they needed a land survey of the property since the plat map number was not on the deed. So i got them the land survey of the property but for some reason that didn't help them out. They told me to call the tax assessor to get map number and so i did and gave it to them. The map number that they gave me was not found on records so i had to trace back the deeds until a map number was mentioned. I gave them map number that i found and they found a plat map. The situation is that the plat map found was for a location several blocks away from my property thus the wrong property. Their final answer was, "sorry, there is not plat map" and this was from a supervisor. So my intentions are to start putting together paperwork for land patent. I'm stuck, what do i do?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Plat Map Not found at county clerk

Postby Admin » Sunday March 14th, 2010 12:54 am MST

:h: Jkelly7:
The basic instructions for getting such records is found on our website at the following link: Steps to Secure a Land Patent. The second step contains the instructions we would follow to secure the plat map of a subdivision, etc.

You can also call the our office using the information found on our Contacting Team Law page; which has a link on the website’s main menu. They can help you understand how to get that information. We have never seen a situation where that information is not on record (except in a Virginia record house that was burned down with all of its records). In such a case those records can be rebuilt from existent records through a surveyor’s office.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Jkelly7
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

is certified surveyer same same company that does Land Surve

Postby Jkelly7 » Monday March 15th, 2010 9:38 am MDT

Before i will call you, i searched on google, "Certified surveyer in nj for residential property" but i didn't get specifics, from search results i'm getting the clue that to get a plat map, call the company who made the land survey for us when we purchased property, would this be right?

Vzeng1
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Postby Vzeng1 » Monday March 15th, 2010 4:51 pm MDT

Jkelly7,
Admin has provided you with a response and material for you to read first. Speaking from experience, I can say it would serve you well to take his suggestion before relying on a third-party, unreliable and possibly suspect internet utility like Google for information about Land Patents.

Vzeng1

Ztuz

Postby Ztuz » Tuesday July 20th, 2010 9:43 am MDT

I have a land patent that my grand father aquired in 1961.
It is in Ca. near a very popular town in the Desert. In the process of having the land transfered into my name I met nothing but resistance. So 2 months ago I drove from Wisconsin to California.
My first attempt to get a plat map from the county clerk was Futile. I was informed that The county clerk only had information dating back to 1966 and they had no clue about Patented Land.
My next step was to the BLM, he told me that he only had the information that was on his computer and that they no longer had paper maps. (They were told by Washington to destroy the Paper maps because the computer was more accurate)
After Giving me yet another map that showed my land 5 miles away( I now had 5 different maps ). He informed me that the field office in Palm Springs might still have paper maps. That was our next step after going to the bogus land. we went to the field office, were we met a very nice and helpful woman. She started looking on her computer and told me that the bogus land looks right, but she wasn't sure. She then got on the phone and contacted a field agent who came out and looked at my patent and pulled out a plat map( Thank God ) and found my Land. I asked him where is this Land actually located? He said that he knew right were it was. He then told the woman that was helping me. that he was checking out a car from the motor pool. He told me to follow him. WiThin 10 minutes I was on My Land.( it was 300 yards from were I originally thought it was ). This only took 4 days and 2000 miles. I was shocked that the county did not know were my Land was. I was told at the county recorders office that all they could tell me was I was currant on my taxes.
I purchased this Land in 2001 and had been trying by phone and letters for 10 years to get this transfered to my name. No law firm would help, No Title Company would help.
I finally completed the tarnsfer after having my Documents sent back to me four time for various reasons. It became a matter of principle.
My question is how can a county charge property taxes on Land that they don't know where it is?

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tuesday July 20th, 2010 9:56 pm MDT

:h: Ztuz:
Congratulations and thanks for the story.
It is a good thing for people to realize what it sometimes takes to get documents right and resolved.

Your question is easy to answer—though you may not like the answer.
Answer:They send you an assessment and you send them the payment. The tax bill is not based upon their employee’s understanding it is based upon your agreement to pay the assessment.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Return to “Land Patents”