:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

We hope you enjoy your experience here.

We hold free conference calls every Monday through Thursday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time).
Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Join us on, and invite your friends to, our conference calls;

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

Can I get out of a contract?

Contracts, Trusts & the corporation sole; what they are & how they relate with one another.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

Nobluefish
Registered

Can I get out of a contract?

Postby Nobluefish » Wednesday June 26th, 2013 12:02 pm MDT

About 6 months ago I signed a contract for a service that included a membership that was presented to me by a high pressure smooth talking salesman.

Of course, this membership came with a fee; which I financed.

Now, I realize that the service and membership is not what I was led to believe it was and contacted the company asking to cancel membership and the balance of the membership fees due, they refused.

Is there a legal way out of such a contract? If so, where do I begin research?

Thanks.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I get out of a contract?

Postby Admin » Saturday June 29th, 2013 3:26 am MDT

:h: Nobluefish:
Though your post borders on asking for advice (see: Rule 5) and was made regarding a private matter (one that only applies to you; see: Rule 10); which, respectively, should have been sent as a private message, we are hopeful that our following response will serve you and others as the aid you may have been looking for; with regard to the services we can offer.

In today’s world many people deal with smooth talking high-pressure salespeople by exposing their dissatisfaction on social media services like Facebook and Twitter. It is amazing how far reaching such comments can go; but more importantly, today, many companies have people watching such social media resources to discover dissatisfied customers; so, such customers needs can be quickly met and resolved. Of course, that kind of good will and quick service, making such corrections, can be the absolute best form of advertising.

Within your inquiry, you asked two questions:
  1. “Is there a legal way out of such a contract?”
  2. “If so, where do I begin research?”
Generally, the answer to questions like your first question is: “Yes.” However, because we do not have the specific details of either your situation or your contract, we cannot give a reasonable answer to that question as it relates to the specifics of your situation. Further, because Team Law’s document review service (which is reserved to Team Law beneficiary support) would be necessary to review any contract and/or the details related to your participation in the same, we could not provide that service unless you were a Team Law beneficiary.

Respectively, your second question takes your first question into the area of asking for advice (see: Rule 5); which we cannot give.

However, we can say that whenever we begin researching any situation, we start by consistently following our Standard for Reviewand with that in mind we begin most of our research by going to our Online resources page; where we find the tools we use to carry through most of the research we need to address the issue. In a situation like you described (dealing with a contract) we would add to that an initial review of our Contracts, Trusts and the Corporation Sole article. Respectively, we expect the remedy would be found in discovering wherein their may have been a breach of the necessary elements of a contract—like, knowing willing consent.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:
Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Return to “Contracts, Trusts & the Corp. Sole”