:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Please remember our offices are always closed for the week of Thanksgiving;
therefore, our next Conference Call will be on Monday, November 27, 2017.

Have a happy and blessed holiday.

We generally hold Free Conference Calls every: Monday, Wednesday & Friday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time)
Join us on our next Conference Call and invite your friends.

Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

Please be aware that: The Way of Kings™ Forum is back online; however, they were not able to salvage their old database for that forum. Wherefore, all of the registrations and content that was on that forum is gone; which means that you will need to re-register on that forum to communicate with them and to receive their forum based services.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

After reading this announcement, you may remove it by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the announcement's green background.

original jurisdiction president

Use this forum for contacting Team Law regarding the original jurisdiction elections.

Moderators: Tnias, Jus

Enlightened1

original jurisdiction president

Postby Enlightened1 » Tuesday April 15th, 2008 10:11 pm MDT

i would personally like to run for original jurisdiction president however based on the constitution i am inelegible (im only 28) is there another position i can run for to "get my feet wet" if you can help thanks
THE BONDS OF TYRRANY SHALL CRUMBLE

Geibes
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Re: original jurisdiction president

Postby Geibes » Wednesday April 16th, 2008 6:59 am MDT

Enlightened1-
You didn't list your location, but you may want to look into the requirements for your state for governor or senators/congressman. Those positions are required before the president can be elected/confirmed anyway so they may be more important in the short term.
Geibes
Education is bliss!

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wednesday April 16th, 2008 9:07 pm MDT

:h: Enlightened1:
We know some people take offense when we correct their spelling and or grammar; however, it is a necessary element of what Team Law does in helping people educate themselves in the law, its history and its language. Thus, we hope you will take the following pointer in the spirit it is given, which is one of an instructor desiring to help you learn how to communicate properly in law and life.

When a person claims a desire to run for an office such as President of the United States of America, Governor of a State, etcetera, what do you think their failure to spell the word "I" correctly says about their qualification for such an office?

Personally, I would never vote for a person if they did not care enough about their use of the English language that they at least spent a bit of time making an effort to spell correctly. The matter might not be so critical with spelling a word like “ineligible”; but, the word, “I”? You have got to admit, failing to capitalize that word simply says the author is too lazy to care, and there goes their credibility for serving in office.

We are always a bit perplexed at what the difficulty is that causes people to fail to capitalize the word “I”, which is always capitalized. The letter “i” by itself has no meaning. It is simply not a word, yet we find people often post posts to our forum, as you did, without capitalizing the letter, leaving it void of meaning. The effort required to spell words correctly, especially one like “I”, is insignificant; yet failing to do so, implies volumes about the author’s character, even if the implication is not actually warranted.

We suggest our forum users compose their posts in a word processor (like Microsoft’s WORD) that provides spelling and grammar checking; then copy and paste the spell checked post into the edit window on our forum. Doing so will help you spell better and it will help your words build your credibility.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Enlightened1

Postby Enlightened1 » Friday April 18th, 2008 4:34 pm MDT

First off i want to say I am not at all offended i just type too fast to worry about it (punctuation and caps) thats why i will have a secretary to do all of my typing :lol:

Iam in Mansfield Ohio and as far as using the english language to judge whether a person is qualified or not is WRONG it should not matter how a person spells or talks or looks or even acts what truly matters is what a person believes in and what he stands for as i said before i am not 1 to worry about punctuation because frankly it really does not matter

As for the question that i asked you did not answer it but the information included in this post should help
THE BONDS OF TYRRANY SHALL CRUMBLE

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Saturday April 19th, 2008 2:34 pm MDT

:h: Enlightened1:
Though we appreciate your opinion, our appreciation of your opinion will not change the inherent perspective people have when they see something that is wrong. It is a neurological effect and it causes a reaction in people that will not change whether we agree with you, or not.

When people see something that is wrong they notice it neurologically and it automatically causes them not to trust what they see. That is what we were referring to when we commented on your spelling. Again, it would not be so bad if the word you most consistently spelled wrong was not “I”. But that stands out like a sore thumb.

You gave the excuse that you type “too fast to worry about it”, but that too is simply an element of learning and practice. We know plenty typists that type at 120 words per minute with perfect spelling and grammar. I certainly know that my typing speed is not that good but regardless of my typing speed, even if I were to misspell a word or two the spelling and grammar checking power of Microsoft’s WORD software would either correct it or show me the errors so I could. Failing to do that says I am too lazy to care to do it right or that I am too ignorant to care. Either way, when people observe such spelling errors their neurology tells them they cannot trust the author. We can do nothing about that and though you may feel it is unfair to be so judged your feeling will not change the fact.

The cold hard fact remains: though you may believe (and we may agree), it is wrong for people to equate your ability to serve them with your refusal to learn to spell or care enough to do it correctly, the people will not trust you to serve them if you do not care enough to capitalize the word “I” in your written communications. When the mind processes something it perceives as wrong its credibility goes out the door and little can be done to retrieve credibility once it is lost.

The simple fact remains, Team Law’s purpose is to help people learn how to educate themselves in: Law, its history and its language; so that they can help us save our country. Thus, we appreciate it when people take the work we do and the information we provide as if it was worthy of considering.

Of course, you will do what you will, there is little we can do about that.

As to your final comment, alleging you asked a question. We could not understand the question; because, though it seemed like a question there was no punctuation or capitalization indicating any sentence structure. This phrase was found in the midst of other words:
Enlightened1 wrote:is there another position i can run for to "get my feet wet" if you can help thanks
Are you asking if we can help or for something else? Obviously, if you are not willing to practice what we try to help you with, we cannot help you—of course, that is up to you.

Team Law,

"In memory of our God, our faith, and freedom,
and of our spouses, our children, and our peace.
"

As with all Forum posts, comments made by Admin are:
copyrighted—all rights reserved; and, provided here for educational purposes only.

Return to “Elections”