:h: Welcome
to Team Law’s Forum!

With the return of our Trustee, we restarted our morning conference calls on: June 12, 2017.
Our new Free Conference Call schedule is every: Monday, Wednesday & Friday morning from:
8:00 – 9:00 AM (Mountain Time).

Call: (857) 232-0158; use the Conference Access Code: 110045.

Join us on, and invite your friends to, our next Conference Call!

Use this Forum to contact Team Law;
use this link for more: contact information.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Tell everybody about Team Law! :t^:

Thank you for recommending this book!

This forum is the Gateway to our Success Network.
Thus, if you desire greater success in any aspect of your life you should check out this forum and “Catch the Dream!”
Though virtually anyone can view this forum, it is a private forum with all rights reserved.

Moderator: Tnias

Mari
Registered

Postby Mari » Saturday July 14th, 2012 3:06 am MDT

Wow! I love the book "The Slight Edge". The slight edge is so simple, that most people never notice it. We tend to over complicate things and dismiss the little things, yet it is those little actions that are done daily or neglected daily that add up to make a huge difference! I think now, more than ever, in our "instant gratification" society have we have lost touch with the concept of the slight edge so now, more than ever, we need to be made aware of it!! Jim Rohn used to say that because some daily productive action (like eating a healthy apple) is easy to do, it is easy not to do. I understood what he said when he said it, yet it wasn't until I read this book that I really grasped it! What an "Aha!" moment!

This book should be required reading for children and I am beginning with my own children. I told them they must all read the book and make a list of the daily actions they will make sure to do. For myself, I love to read, yet, I rarely make the time for a good book. After reading the slight edge, I am now scheduling time again, to read daily. (a minimum of 20 minutes, not much but it is a commitment I can keep). I have already begun! My first book is to re-read the slight edge, yes, it is that good!

I am working on my list of all the things I have been "meaning to do tomorrow" and breaking them down into little chunks to do daily, like exercise, journal writing, learning new skills, making time for loved ones, etc. etc.

Jm2059
Registered

Re: Thank you for recommending this book!

Postby Jm2059 » Thursday October 11th, 2012 12:40 am MDT

Great review, Mari!! I'm almost done with the book. Looking forward to sharing my review soon...

Zane
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Postby Zane » Friday December 21st, 2012 11:54 am MST

Great post, very inspiring!
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." (Hosea 4:6)

Kennywally51
Beneficiary
Beneficiary

Postby Kennywally51 » Thursday July 21st, 2016 6:29 pm MDT

Wow, great comment. Well, I got mixed feelings , as I became a beneficiary in 2011 or so, but never registered, and had never heard of this book, and got side tracked with life, and my status here, was forgotten by me and only recently has been revived, I have that book in my amazon shopping cart, just waiting for another book name to add before I pull the trigger and set things in motion.

I'm looking forward to reading that book, and am quite excited about it, and the possibilities of the future as well ! When I read the part that took the Franklin quote and elaborated on it, that was very inspirational. It's funny how an old quote, could wake up this snoozing "promise keeper" and reinject life back into me.

love the comments

ken

Return to “Network Gateway”